An old stone archway can be seen in Tainan Park. Built in 1815, on it the characters Zhong Dao Chong Wen(重道崇文)(Respecting Principle and Venerating Literature) are carved; they praise wealthy Tainan local Lin Zhao-ying for generously providing the funds for the building of Tainan Confucius Temple.
The archway was originally in front of Longwang Temple, in the area of the former Tainan Policy Agency on Nanmen Road. Longwang Temple was demolished in 1934 during Japanese Colonial Period, when today’s Nanmen Road was built and the archway was moved to a spot next to Yan Lake in Tainan Park.
open_time
Free entry, open all year round